|T31 DX-pedition Cancellation Announcement Sept./Oct. 2010
It is with great regret that David (K3LP - Co-Leader) and I (Hrane as YT1AD - Leader) must inform the DX Community that after 16 months of planning our DX-pedition trip to T31 - Canton Island (http://www.yt1ad.info/t31/), slated for 11 days in Oct. 2010, the trip will be cancelled. We planned 6 stations fully equipped for HF plus two additional stations for UHF/VHF/Satellite plus 13-14 operators. Our goal was to make 100,000 plus QSOs much like our N8S - Swains Island DX-pedition in 2006.
This decision is based on the March 7, 2010 announcement by the T31X team planned for June 2010 (http://www.uz1hz.com/pacificodyssey.html). Unfortunately, it is cheaper to send a smaller crew with three radios and two amplifiers.
In light of this recent announcement, the total cost of the trip versus the uniqueness will evaporate prior to our arrival. For this reason, we will pick another location for a future date. Minus some team member partial cash contributions and planned equipment sponsors, there were no cash donations made that need to be refunded. We will forfeit our $40K cash deposit on the boat and seek other places in 2011.
Sincerely, T31F team 2010
- September 29th 2010, Loading in Apia and departure Apia to Republic of
Tokelau, Island, Fakaofo
- September 30th 2010 arriving Fakaofo
- September 30th 2010 departure from Isl. Tokelau
- October 1st 2010 Traveling to Canton Island
- October 2nd 2010 Arriving to Canton Island, early morning
- October 2nd October till 11th 2010 activity from Canton Island
- October 11th 2010,activity and afternoon departure Canton Island
- October 13th 2010 arriving Wallis Isl.
- October 13th 2010 departure Wallis isl.
- October 16th Arriving Fiji Isl.
|Hrane, YT1AD and Miki, YU1DW, will travel to Pacific and will be active according next timetable:
30.09 – 01.10.2009. KH8/N9YU
2/3.10.2009. 5W7A (YT1AD) and 5W0DW (YU1DW)
04.10. – 06.10.2009. 3D2AD (YT1AD) and 3D2DW (YU1DW)
06.10. – 08.10.2009. – T30M (YT1AD) and T30W (YU1DW)
The main target of this trip is to prepare all necessary documents for the next DXpedition on T31, ZK3 and FW8 in September – October 2010.
|After His trip to Pacific, Team leader, Hrane YT1AD confirm:
Our International team, 14 person organizing DX pedition for amateur radio activity from Tokelau, ZK3, Canton Island,T31 Central Kiribati and Wallis Isl, FW. Trip is 22 days:
0. 25.09-29.09 2010, Traveling our boat from Fiji to Samoa
1. September 29th 2010, Loading in Apia and departure
Apia to Republic of Tokelau, Island, Fakaofo
2. September 30th 2010 arriving Fakaofo
3. October 1th 2010 activity from Tokelau
4. October 2nd 2010 activity from Tokelau
5. October 3rd 2010 activity from Tokelau and afternoon departure from Isl Fakaofo to Island Canton (Central Kiribati)
6. October 4th 2010 Traveling to Canton Island
7. October 5th 2010 Arriving to Canton Island
8. October 6th – October 10th 2010 activity from Canton Island
9. October 10th 2010, afternoon activity departure Canton Island
10. October 12th 2010 arriving Wallis Isl.
11. October 14th 2010 departure Wallis isl
12. October 16th Arriving Fiji Isl.
More data coming.
|Hrane (YT1AD) and Miki (YU1DW) will travel from April 20, 2009 to May
7, 2009 in the South Pacific islands to organizing these DX-Peditions.
Hrane and Mike will be active from the following islands. The schedule
will be as follows:
- April 22, 2009 – 5W8A (YT1AD) and 5W0DW (YU1DW)
- April 22-24, 2009 – KH8/N9YU (YT1AD)
- April 25 and May 4, 2009, 3D2AD (YT1AD) and 3D2DW (YU1DW) Fiji Island
- April 27-29, 2009 – T30M (YT1AD) and T30DW (YU1DW) Tarawa Island